LOCATIONDeep Creek Road, Mitcham
OPENING HOURS2pm - 5 pm Saturday, Sunday, public holidays
The Complex is located on part of the land acquired in 1861 by the German pioneer immigrant family of August Schwerkolt and includes a three-roomed stone cottage built of local materials completed in 1888, which has been been restored. The scope of the collection is the suburbs of Blackburn, Blackburn North, Blackburn South, Burwood East, Forest Hill, Mitcham, Nunawading, Vermont and Vermont South. Collections include items relating to domestic life, education, local families and identities, religious, recreational, social and working life and local business, industry and agriculture from human settlement to the present day.